08 November 2015

The Vatican

Rome was a frenzy in every sense of the word. It more or less met my expectations in all ways, though my leg was not quite up to the challenge as I'd hoped it would be. Obviously, that didn't stop me from cramming as much into our 3 days there as possible.

First stop: The Vatican!

My early exposure to art history instilled in me a deep love and appreciation for not only this place but the incredible treasures hidden inside. It was my number one priority while visiting Rome, and for me, it did not disappoint.
Poole House girls reunited for one last adventure.

Torso de Belvedere
The sculpture that most influenced Michelangelo


The ceilings in the Vatican are just as spectacular as the rest of the museum. #housegoals

St. Peter's Square

St. Peter's Basilica
Excuse me while I weep with joy. #lifecomplete #iactuallycried
Bernini's Baldacchino, a bronze canopy situated above St. Peter's Tomb. An iconic piece of work both artistically and architecturally, I've dreamed about seeing this since the 6th grade when I first studied it.


Michelangelo's Pieta. Need I say more?
The perfect end to an incredibly long and stressful day. #poolehouseforever

 

1 comment: