13 November 2015

Paris

I loved Paris when I visited last Christmas with John and Erika, but I admit it didn't make a very good impression on mom and Bob this trip. That said, we really only had a day to spend in the city and mom was incredibly ill. So hopefully she'll give it a proper chance one day.

As it were, we once again spent our day in the city on a hop on hop off bus tour, which allowed my mom to see the city while remaining warm and able to rest throughout the day.

 




  

  

 

Caption contest anyone?
Mom and her selfies.
View of Paris from The Sacred Heart Basilica in Montmartre
 
Le Sacre Coeur


Real French Onion Soup. So good.
Bob made some new friends on the bus by teaching them a magic trick. 

 
We had to stay by the bus stop so we didn't miss the last bus back to our flat, 
but at least my mom got to see the Eiffel Tower lit up. 

I refused to leave France before my mom experienced a French Patisserie. #priorities


Clearly the only way to properly eat a macaron.


I still didn't get to visit the Musee d' Orsay or Giverny this trip, so I'll just have to go back. Even so, I did my best to help mom and Bob enjoy their day in Paris, in spite of all the things that went wrong. A full time job, if you ask me. By the time we flew to Edinburgh, I was well exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment