15 November 2015

Chorley

From Scotland we drove south to Chorley, where the LDS Preston Temple is located. We stayed over in temple accommodation so we could perform sealings for several family names the next morning. It was a really great experience to do those names with my mom in Preston, as they were on her side of the family, mostly from the Peak District about an hour south--which is where we headed next.

Preston Temple, Chorley


It was really bright. Or Bob was glaring at me for his own reasons. haha



I really am going to miss this place.
In honour of my brother who began his mission here. #justforyoudude
Blackburn
I've wanted to visit here since before I moved to the UK, for obvious reasons. I know it's nothing special, and even a bit grim to most Brits, but how can I not love a city that was clearly named after me? There was also that time when my brother served here for 9 months of his mission, which won the city even more brownie points in my mind. The perks of being in charge of navigation is that you can make any detour you want, so to Blackburn we went! 

There was a lot of construction around the city, so it was difficult to stop, but we managed to pull in to take a quick peek at the cathedral.
 


The brightest and most modernised Anglican cathedral I've ever been in. 
Those trees. #iloveautumn
Peak District
I've posted so many pictures of this area before, so I'll just post a couple from this drive-by. I had really hoped we would spend some time here, as it is still my favourite place in England so far. But alas, I wasn't the driver. So we just drove through it, stopping only in Wirksworth to visit St. Mary's where generations of my mother's ancestors were christened, married and buried. But at least she got to see it. And now she knows to allow some time for a proper visit the next time she goes to the UK.


I'm not sure I'm allowed to publicise what happened here, but it was my favourite 'Bob moment' of our entire month-long trip. My mom and I laughed for at least 15 minutes until we were both crying and couldn't breathe. And you better believe it's a story I will tell many years from now if I'm allowed to speak at Bob's funeral.
#emergencypottybreak #driveway #whatcouldpossiblygowrong
Riber Hall, Matlock
From the Peak District we headed down to Lichfield, where we stayed for a few days with the Maces, my British family.

No comments:

Post a Comment