08 November 2013

A piece of peace?

"It is as if somewhere there was once a rich, holistic peace concept which was then split into several components, one component being given to each part of humankind! And thus it comes about that not only is there plenty of unpeace in a fragmented humanity; the concept of peace is itself fragmented." -Johan Galtung, 1985 

I came across this little gem in my research today and couldn't help but smile. I'd never thought of it in this way before, but as I pondered on it I realized the truth in it... Peace is a gospel principle in its purest form. So just as the fulness of gospel has fragmented during the many apostasies which have occurred in between the gospel dispensations, it would follow that any other true principles suffered a similar fate, including the concept of peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment