16 June 2014

To My 'New' Life Plan

Due to my recent circumstances, I've had plenty of time to do a lot of soul-searching and goal-setting. I've also had to come up with a new life plan, as it is no longer possible for me to complete my dissertation and degree according to the original timeline.

I met with my supervisor this past week, and we came up with a new plan. I'm so very grateful for her guidance and support, as I was starting to feel a bit lost as to what to do next.

The new plan is to extend my dissertation until the end of February 2015, thereby postponing my graduation until July 2015. In October I will apply for a visa extension, and just trust that it will all work out, because it has to. Since they normally give postgraduates about 4 months after graduation to find a full-time job, I imagine my visa might be extended until October 2015. 

This is obviously a bit of a change, but since I still feel like I'm meant to be here--at least for the moment--I'm not too thrown off by this recent development. Dare I admit, I'm actually... relieved!

Relieved that I don't have to write a dissertation on a brand new topic in 2 months from my makeshift bed in the living room. Relieved that I will still have the opportunity to put my best foot forward and try to do a proper job of it. Relieved that I have some more time to figure out what I and Heavenly Father actually want to do with this degree. Relieved that I still have plenty of time to live and enjoy this beautiful life I'm building here in the UK. I love it here, and the prospect of staying for at least another year is not an unpleasant one--though my sister might feel differently

And perhaps most of all, relieved that I at least have a new plan to work with, even if something else comes along to change it again. I don't need to know what the future holds... Heavenly Father has fervently taught me over the last 10 years that He is in control, and I'm happier and more at peace when I just trust Him. However, I'm a girl who likes to have a plan, a goal, a purpose, an expectation... something to help guide my day-to-day living, something to keep me grounded. 

Now I have that again, and it feels SO GOOD. 

No comments:

Post a Comment