22 August 2015

The Bestie's Wedding

In June I was able to fly to Utah for my best friend's wedding. Fortunately so were several of our other roommates from BYU. It was SO FUN to be with these gorgeous women again! I hadn't known how much I needed that time with them. However short it may have been, they helped renew my soul in a way that only they could. Each one is a beautiful tender mercy in my life, and I'm so grateful to call them friends!

One of the best parts of this whole little reunion was knowing how much we've all done and seen in the last 9 years since we met, and yet seeing that some things, like our hilarious mix of personalities, never change. 

Since we last saw each other, 4 of us have served missions, 2 (not counting Eryn) got married and have children, and five of us have earned a Master's degree. Not too shabby.  
Jeralee is really a jack of all trades, master of ALL. Seriously. After serving a mission in Finland, this stunning woman now lives in Boston teaching music and I don't even know what else. And she's coming to see me in a couple weeks! I can't wait to have some proper time to catch up with her after all these years!
Still one of the funniest girls I know, Teri is a wife, mother and trained therapist. She owned her own practice in Seattle, but has recently moved back to Utah so her husband could join BYU's MBA program. She really is a rockstar, and I'm so glad I'll get to actually see her when I move back to the States!
Jess is still the life of the party everywhere she goes. She served a mission in Taiwan, and now teaches high school science in southern California. No doubt she is everyone's favourite teacher! She has a song, a pun, or a witty comeback for just about anything you could ever say.
Rebecca seems the most grown up out of all of us--a professional singer, married and the mother of now 2 beautiful children (she was due any day at the time of the wedding)--but she's still just as ridiculous as ever. For some reason I find this incredibly reassuring. haha 

Regrettably I didn't actually have an opportunity to get a photo of just me and Eryn on her big day, but she was understandably a little busy. I guess I'll just have to see her again soon. :)


Manti, Utah Temple
I had never been, but it was such a gorgeous drive and a stunning temple. It literally took my breath away when I saw it up on the hill. It is a magnificent building inside and out, and worth every effort to go!
Mr. and Mrs. Sinclair-Clinton
Eryn and I are having a hard time accepting Clinton as her last name. haha #onelaststand
My second family. Beautiful souls, every one.
And a special shout out to Hermana Kenzie Sinclair, currently serving in California. We missed you! 
 I really could not have let my bestie go to anyone less kind, patient, gentle, meek, sassy, quirky and loyal than Mr. John Clinton. He is everything I could have hoped for on Eryn's behalf, and I'm so grateful that they had the courage to commit to forever with each other. Congratulations, Eryn!! And John, welcome to the family! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment