17 September 2013

Settling in

I've been here in Birmingham a few days now, and things are going really well so far!

It feels as if I've spent all my time at the church for various activities: auditions to participate in a special musical presentation next Easter (which you'll hear plenty more about if I get in), Stake Conference, a CES Fireside, Institute Enrollment, and FHE. The church is about 1.5 miles from my house, so just in walking back and forth I've gone about 9 miles in the last 3 days. Not bad, right? I'm proud of my tired little legs so far!

In between all those church activities, I've been unpacking, cleaning, weeding the yard, and getting to know LOTS of new YSA friends. It's been a complete whirlwind, but staying busy has helped me both stay awake during the appropriate daytime hours and just jump into this new adventure of mine with both feet. I have a feeling the whole year is going to be like this, because my calendar is filling up already!

I really am just so grateful to be here, and so thankful for the warm welcome I've been receiving everywhere I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment