09 October 2013

Invasion of the Doctors, Part 1

This has to be one of the most random, ridiculous, fascinating experiences I've ever had... and for those who know anything about my life, that actually really is quite a feat.

*For those who haven't been following my Facebook updates, BBC filmed the British soap opera Doctors in my house over two days. This post was written during the filming.*

Our little town house is easily overrun, but the film crew, actors, and production team have literally invaded every nook and cranny of our quaint little home. There are only so many places for them to go, so the big hang out for the actors is my room (since they are filming in Sarah's room). But there isn't anywhere else for me to go, so I'm just here working on my bed in the midst of them all. It's actually been quite enjoyable to chat with and get to know them all a bit.

My room, completely overrun with furniture, equipment, and other supplies... now just add about 8 people in here and you'll understand why it felt so cramped!


 They also took over the living room...

(Plus about 25 people in and out of here.)

... and the kitchen. 

The only time you'll ever see/smell coffee in my home! haha

Since they have been hanging out in my room, they've been reading all the things on my walls... mainly inspirational/motivational quotes, etc. Their various reactions have sparked some interesting conversations, and some of them have even taken pictures of them to send to their children. haha I think it must be as unique for them to be in the room of a young, single American woman who has very little interest in things of the world as it is for me to have them in here. I wonder how many of them have ever seen a picture of Jesus Christ hanging in the room of a 26 yr old woman before, or how many of them have ever seen a giant manual all about "Eternal Marriage." haha I am definitely a peculiar person, but hopefully in the way I'm meant to be.

 The episode is about an old woman, named Flo, who is dying and is visited by her American niece before her passing. This is my roommate, Sarah, in her/Flo's bed. Don't worry... we took all these pictures while they were at lunch. ;)

They used Sarah's scriptures as props in Flo's bedroom! haha


Needless to say, it's been a day full of trying to suppress my giggles and generally failing at it. 

1 comment: