23 October 2014

It Is Better to Look Up

Have you ever noticed that when we are going through hard things we tend to look down and look in, as if we can hide ourselves from any more hard things being thrown our way. I know I'm guilty of this, and it's something I need to work on. 

This talk came to mind this morning when a friend told me that he was just trying to 'keep his head down'. Since I do the same thing sometimes, I'm in no way judging his reaction to his trials. But this talk was a great reminder to me that I have to Look Up

'Look to God and live,' the prophets plead. 

'Come unto me all ye who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give ye rest,' the Saviour calls to us. 

We can't be healed and live, and we can't rest from our labours if we don't look to the Source of all Healing and Comfort. 


'Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend.'
-Mosiah 4:9

No comments:

Post a Comment